Eligibility / Criteria
BESt I, II, III, and IV Eligibility Requirements
- Full-time, under-represented minority* freshman (BESt I), sophomore (BESt II), junior (BESt III), or senior (BESt IV) student
- High school students who have completed their freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior year in the St. Louis region (St. Louis City, St. Louis and St. Charles, MO counties, and Madison, St. Claire, IL counties)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher based on a 4.0 scale
- High-potential students, participating in at least one extra-curricular activity or organization
*American Indians or Alaska Natives, Blacks or African Americans, Hispanics or Latinos, Native Hawaiians or Other Pacific Islanders
Student Obligations / Expectations
- Abide by all rules and regulations outlined in the program’s code of conduct
- Act professionally at all times (as defined by the program’s code of conduct)
- Be present and on time every day, unless officially excused (in accordance with the program’s absenteeism policy)
- Work diligently and participate fully in the curriculum
- Complete all assignments on time
- Any violations of said policy may lead to participant’s immediate dismissal from the program and ineligibility to receive any course credit or stipend
Additional Requirements: BESt II APPLICANTS (High School Sophomores)
BESt II applicants are required to take the reading and writing portion of the Accuplacer Placement Test at Forest Park Community College. The math portion of the Accuplacer Placement Test is not required. All BESt II applicants should have Accuplacer Placement Test scores available when completing the BESt online application form. All current high school sophomores (BESt II applicants) MUST submit an application to Forest Park Community College at least 1 hour prior to taking the Accuplacer Placement Test. If you have any questions about the Forest Park application or the Accuplacer Placement Test, please contact Deborah Logan at 314-644-9101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Requirements: BESt III APPLICANTS (High School Juniors)
All BESt III Applicants should:
- Apply to St. Louis Community College-Forest Park (SLCC-FP).
- Successfully take the SLCC-FP Accuplacer Placement Test, or meet ACT or SAT requirements as defined by SLCC-FP
- The student can waive the Accuplacer exam if they have an ACT score earned within the last three years:
- Reading score of 18 or above to waive the Accuplacer reading test
- English score of 18 or above to waive the Accuplacer writing test
- Math score of 22 or above to waive the Accuplacer math test
BESt III Application Instructions (for taking the Accuplacer Placement Test at SLCC-FP):
- Applying BESt III students should bring a copy of their dual enrollment application (signed by High School counselor) and a copy of their partial High School transcripts to SLCC-FF (Admissions Department) prior to or on the day of their Accuplacer Placement Test
- Applying BESt III students should notify the SLCC-FF test administrators that they are “applying BESt III students”, thereby prompting the admissions/testing staff to route them through the Accuplacer Placement Test and admission process unique for BESt III applicants
- Submit Accuplacer Placement Test results along with all other application data required for admission into the BESt III program
Questions About Accuplacer
Please contact Deborah Logan, Coordinator/Enrollment Management at SLCC-FP with any questions regarding the SLCC-FP Accuplacer placement testing process. Office phone: 314-644-9101 or email: email@example.com.
Important Note: Forest Park Accuplacer Placement Test days/times:
- Monday, Wednesday: 10 a.m., 2 p.m., and 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday: 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m